Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weird Business Metaphor Shoplift

Yeah, I creep around the office eavesdropping on conversations -- which in my defense are taking place in cubicles and bullpens and near the coffee machine.  So, you know, right where I can hear them by merely stopping on the other side of a wall and remaining still and quiet...uh....So. Today I passed a group sitting at a table in a bullpen, all staring blankly at the guy who said this:

"So, the way I see it is, it's like a boat.  And we are either all in the boat or we aren't all in the boat."

So, he's in the boat.  Or maybe some of them are in the boat with him, but some of them are not in the boat.  Maybe some of them were wise enough to get into the lifeboats.  Some liked like they wished there were another boat around.  Maybe they are all in one boat but he wants them to be in another?

I kept walking -- better that we were two ship that passed in the night than me getting into whatever boat he was trying to con all his team into.....

2 comments:

  1. As brilliant as his comment was (...) I would have to miss that boat; sounds a bit like the Titanic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid of the boat. It may get swallowed up by a whale. Screw the boat, I'll get on a plane.

    ReplyDelete