Monday, October 5, 2009

Random Overheards

"These boots were made for...kicking someone in the eye."

Yeah, there's a story behind it and probably it's not even funny unless you have the context, but I can't share it. Sigh. Suffice it to say that I broke my own eavesdropping rules to get the story -- I had to ask. And it doesn't suck.

"So, is your mother still a felon? Just curious..."

I have no idea, but there has to be a good story to go with this....

"It bothers me when you cry."
"Oh yeah? It bothers me when you...talk."

From an amazing and emotional poem read at Kinfolks in Manitou Springs, CO, on Friday, October 2.

I am officially on sabbatical and trying hard to devote as much time and attention as I can to getting my book completely done. Proposal edits are made. First two chapters will be revised and ready by the end of today. Have about three weeks of work to shape up what I have already done and finish the remainder.

Wish me luck.

The final snippet: "No, a stripper letting you buy her dinner does NOT count as dating..." (from Texts From Last Night, an amazing, vulgar, super-addictive website which you should under NO CIRCUMSTANCES visit. None. I'm serious -- I'll tell your mother if you do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment